The WVU Cancer Institute welcomes applications from all faculty who have cancer-related research interests.
The missions of the WVU Cancer Institute (WVUCI) are to provide excellent care to cancer patients and their families while strengthening our research, education, and service programs to address the cancer health disparities unique to the state of West Virginia and Appalachia.
The WVUCI strives to be the catalyst in cancer care by:
- Performing innovative interdisciplinary basic, clinical, translational, and population sciences research.
- Providing multiple opportunities to exchange ideas and professional development.
- Enhancing multidisciplinary patient care.
- Providing cancer education for professionals and the public.
- Implementing prevention strategies, facilitating early and accurate diagnosis, and delivering optimal therapeutic outcomes.
In an effort to attain these goals, we must take advantage of the intellectual resources and build upon the land-grant mission of the university. We are inviting and encouraging faculty members across the institution with a cancer related interest in clinical care, research, or education to become members of the WVUCI.
As a WVUCI Member, you will receive the following benefits:
- Opportunities to apply for WVUCI internal funding, grants and sponsored student support.
- Notifications of outside cancer-related funding opportunities.
- Opportunities to participate in program development.
- Scientific and administrative support for the development of investigator-initiated cancer related clinical trials and/or cancer-related grant applications.
- Opportunities to nominate seminar speakers for WVUCI’s established and supported seminar series.
- Opportunities to highlight work in WVUCI promotional materials.
- Increased visibility to potential collaborators with WVUCI membership directory, profile submissions, and presentation opportunities.
Faculty and staff members with research funding are encouraged to apply.