Virtual Wellness Schedule
The following virtual exercise classes, wellbeing and mindfulness programs will be available to WVU and WVU Medicine employees:
Online Wellness Programs:
- 26th Annual Walk 100 Miles in 100 Days® – is a 15-week walking program running from April 20 – July 28. Participation for employees in this program is exclusively online through the Walk 100 Miles in 100 Days® Registration Portal! The registration deadline was Friday, April 17 but is still open for a limited time for anyone that would still like to participate. Please submit your registration as soon as possible.
Virtual Exercise Classes:
- Wellbeing Solutions – is offering health and wellness coaching for healthcare professionals. Click here for more information.
- 20-minute virtual meditation sessions three times a week via Webex.
- Mindful Steps – This free 6-week series is designed to assist in developing and maintaining mindful resilience, mental fitness, and relaxation.
- Check out the Mindful Steps WV Facebook page which has resources such as daily Breathing with Nicole and meditations with neuroscientist Julie Brefczynski-Lewis and clinical therapist Laurel Faulkenberry.
- Also please view the Yoga by Nicole videos posted on YouTube for instruction on different yoga practices.
- Mountaineers Move – offers free online exercise programming available to all WVU employees and students.
- Headspace – offers an app and also online content in mindfulness and meditation practices. Their premium service is now being offered to all healthcare providers for free.
- 10% Happier – has free access to the app for healthcare through their Coronavirus Sanity Guide which also includes meditations, podcasts, blog posts and talks.
- WVU Extension Service – offers tips for families to incorporate physical activity while practicing social distancing.
- WVU Campus Recreation – has an online rec and wellness guide.
For more information, please contact The Wellness Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bonnie’s Bus, a 45-foot, state-of-the-art mobile mammography vehicle, will visit Wetzel and Gilmer counties offering three-dimensional (3D) digital screening mammograms and breast care education to women.
The second episode of "WVU and the Coronavirus" is now available for download on Apple Podcasts and Spotify.
An experienced educator, private dental care practitioner and oral healthcare industry research expert, Dr. Fotinos Panagakos will continue to serve in his current position as vice dean of administration and research while also being named interim dean beginning July 1.