This free 6-week series is designed to assist in developing and maintaining mindful resilience, mental fitness, and relaxation. Participants can attend six one-hour sessions (consecutively or individually) that offer a variety of simple yet practical tools to be mindful in daily living.
All sessions will take place virtually every Monday at noon on the dates below:
- October 5: Intro to Mindfulness
- Into to Mindfulness. Meditation Safety
- Intro to Yoga: 6 Movements of the Spine
- Mindful Eating
- Meditation Primer & Meditation on Body/Breath
- October 12: Fundamentals of Mindfulness
- Science of Mindfulness
- Mindfulness Meditation on Thoughts
- Standing & Balancing Yoga
- 3 -Part Breathing
- October 19: Embodied Mindfulness
- Chair Yoga
- Mindfulness Meditation on Sounds
- Neuroscience of Mindfulness
- Body Scan
- October 26: Communication and Compassion
- Mindful Communication & Listening
- Mindfulness Meditation on Emotions & Compassion Meditation
- Gentle Lying-Down Yoga
- Alternate Nostril Breathing
- November 2: Mindfulness and Resiliency
- Science on Pain & Resiliency
- Restorative Yoga
- Meditation Hindrances
- November 9: Mindfulness Practices Revisited
- 6 Movements of the Spine Seated
- Breathing Techniques Review
- Extended Meditation Practice: Befriending Silence
- Mindful Steps Summary Round-table Discussion
Contact wellness specialist Anthony.Danko@hsc.wvu.edu for more information or to register.
We have worked to make available a number of options on the Health Sciences campus for work, study and eating spaces.
All faculty are invited to attend the WVU Health Sciences Center Faculty Development Program presentation "Scholarly Research in Simulation" Nov. 10 from noon to 1 p.m.
"We are proud to partner with the National LGBT Cancer Network! Out: The National Cancer Survey, the national survey specifically for LGBTQI+ cancer survivors. Take the survey & help inform cancer care for the estimated 81,000 LGBTQI+ people who are diagnosed with cancer every year. https://bit.ly/35LyPlW #outsurvey"