MORGANTOWN, W.Va. – Every two seconds, someone needs blood, platelets, or plasma to survive. These patients depend on blood donors to roll up their sleeves and give the gift of life.
Upcoming blood drives include:
- Jan. 31 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the WVU Medicine Operation Support Center, located at 3040 University Ave. The drive is sponsored by J.W. Ruby Memorial Hospital.
- Feb. 5 from noon to 5 p.m. in the Mary Babb Randolph Cancer Center first floor atrium. The drive is sponsored by the WVU School of Pharmacy.
- Feb. 15 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the Mary Babb Randolph Cancer Center first floor atrium. The drive is sponsored by the WVU School of Medicine Division of Occupational Therapy.
Appointments are recommended, but walk-ins are also welcome. To make an appointment:
- visit vitalant.org, click “Donate,” and search with group code W4310004;
- download the Central Blood Bank Mobile App for your smartphone; or
- call Rachel at 412-736-5506.
To save time at their appointments, donors are asked to complete their health history questionnaires online using DonorPass. The questionnaire must be completed on the same day as the donation. The questionnaire is available at donorpass.centralbloodbank.org.
Donors can also sign up for Central Blood Bank’s Donor Rewards Program to earn points by donating blood. Points can be redeemed for gift cards or donated to one of several not-for-profit agencies.
The construction of WVU Medicine’s new parking garage on Willowdale Road will cause some street closures and traffic delays in June and July.
Orthopaedic surgeons at WVU Medicine are now offering a procedure for the treatment of full thickness cartilage defects of the knee.
Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield West Virginia and WVU Medicine announce agreement on multi-year contract
Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield West Virginia (Highmark West Virginia) and WVU Medicine today (June 5) announced a long-term contract with WVU Medicine doctors and hospitals that will ensure access for all Blue Cross Blue Shield members in West Virginia. The contract encompasses all WVU Medicine facilities and WVU Medicine primary and specialist care practice sites across the state, as well as future facility or physician acquisitions.